 Administrative / NNTP / 473
Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:15:17 GMT

I am as bewildered as anyone else here.....  I thought that there wasn't enough
interaction between LD and LUGNET as it is.  And I certainly would like someplace
within LUGNET where we (LUGNET folks) could interact freely with TLC in a total
forum, where we wouldn't be restricted by WHO we were in posting to that
forum.  I still have a million questions for LD, but I appreciate other AFOLs
interactions in these questions, because they give me additional insight into what
I am asking.  Does such a site in LUGNET now exist?

Gary Istok

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Eric Joslin writes:

No one said that they cluttered up threads.

That explicit statement may have been Mark's straw man rather than a real
statement, but I got that implication from things that have been said here.

They do have the ability to clutter up newsgroups, however:

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=11596

221 posts to lugnet.general and lugnet.dear-lego.  I'd rather not have to wade
through these kinds of posts to see MOCs, etc.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. I didn't see all of those posts
as clutter. Your opinion clearly is different than mine. Todd's counts here,
though. Fortunately for you, you have his ear.

I never thought I'd see the day when the Powers that Be are insinuating that
LEGO folk lie to them(1), telling LEGO folks to shut up except in a narrow
little box because we're not interested in their information, and making it
hard for them to be AFOLs due to an "unfortunate side effect" that probably
never will be fixed because it's not high enough priority.

Hopefully I haven't seen that day and I'm misinterpreting things. But I
wonder what's really going on here.

1 - http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=28454

++Lar