 Administrative / NNTP / 478
Re: NNTP vs Web Interface (was Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:31:36 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Frank Filz writes:

I guess it may be time for me to crack the programming manuals and
explore writing a newsreader like interface which can drive the web
interface.

I know it's a bit inside out... but talk to Sproat and look at avid. Details
are hazy but it may be of some help to you. (not to me, I swore off NNTP and
do web exclusively, but yes, I agree with you, I feel it is another anti
NNTP development here)

IIRC Avid uses the NNTP stream to display stuff as it happens. It has the
FUT info in it so you may be able to use the NNTP stream to display
followups. I dunno, I never looked under the hood.

Sproat?

++Lar