 Administrative / NNTP / 1036 (-20)
  Re: Access a LEGO set DB with your phone!

(...) reminded how non-obvious its existance is. (URL) are rarely asked for the db in text format, but.. where would you expect to see it as a link? LMK. I know it belongs in the FAQ at the very least... I just activated the sidebar of admin.db and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Access a LEGO set DB with your phone!

(...) that is returned when you do queries of the form: (URL) Chris, are you loading data in the background to generate static content (which is what I think) or are you parsing info from the guide in real time? The latter might be an interesting (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Access a LEGO set DB with your phone!

(...) AFAIK, there is no problem with that. (...) heh, need to figure out how the information could be presented in a useful way. (...) it's already available: (URL)maybe have it say if peeron has an inventory for this set, so you (...) now that (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: NNTP newsreader

(...) yah, but from when I understand the nntp authentication only allows you access to the server - it doesn't verify that you post as yourself only... (...) we've been through this before... an x header works as long as you never typo it - once (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: NNTP newsreader

  Re: NNTP newsreader

(...) Hi! :) (...) The only way to avoid the email authuntication is to become a member, and post via the web interface, when you're logged in. We just haven't been able to think of a way to verify identities otherwise. Maybe one day we'll implement (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Posting Dates (Was: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...))

(...) Don't worry about it. Scott A =+= Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself. Therefore, all progress (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Posting Dates (Was: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...))

(...) I often approve a message via e-mail and it does not appear. I've heard others say the same happens to them. I have no idea if this is what happened here. I noticed my reply had not appeared when I quoted Tim's words yesterday morning in the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Posting Dates (Was: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...))

(...) Hmm, I thought it was a function of when one gets around to approving or cancelling messages via the mail interface, *as well as* when that mail gets delivered. Scott has in the past related that he often waits a while (up to several days??) (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Posting Dates (Was: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...))

(...) Indeed! My most abject apologies Scott. Had I caught that error in the posting scheme, I would never have responded as I did! Again, my apologies! Thank you Rob, for catching that mistake. Admins: What is the deal with this? Is it a function (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Is it possible to have this added to the confirmation form?

Kevin - I hate to point out ettiquette matters, but in some cases it matters. In this case, a simple FUT-->lugnet.where.ever is what you forgot in your reply. I only noticed this fact long after I'd replied to your post - my newsreader DOES show (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Is it possible to have this added to the confirmation form?

Yes, but I meant for beyond the signature file - suppose I spot a spelling error or an incorrect word that makes my post make less sense - shouldn't I be able to edit it if I've spotted it? It'd be of particular use if someone spotted an error that (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Is it possible to have this added to the confirmation form?

(...) I suggest making use of a signature file. I have not yet met a newsreader that does not have this function -- even Outlook Express has a signature file function (under Tools, Options, Signatures) as does Netscape and all of the better (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Criticism of LUGNET's homepage (was: Re: newsticker)

(...) Thanks! All better now. I'm surprised that nobody else noticed, or at least that nobody else spoke up about it. IMHO, the ability to add LUGNET/Brickshelf sidebars to Nescape and Mozilla hould be something that is featured on the main LUGNET (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp) !

  Re: newsticker

(...) thanks - it has a very basic locking set up, and had a lost lock - it hasn't updated in 10 days! Good thing _someone_ noticed :) should be ok now, LMK if it's broken again. Dan (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Special sub group for the Bricks-Only brigade?

(...) Good idea. I suggest "lugnet.whine" for that. --Bill. XFUT: lugnet.admin.nntp (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: newsticker

(...) Dan, My Brickshelf sidebar is not getting updated anymore. I upgraded from Mozilla 0.9.6 to 0.9.8 and ever since, the Brickshelf sidebar has been static. It's odd because the LUGNET sidebar is still working fine. Any ideas about a solution to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Two new CAD development newsgroups: LCD (LEGO Connection Database) and Macintosh

(...) Thanks Dan! Matt (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Two new CAD development newsgroups: LCD (LEGO Connection Database) and Macintosh

(...) Fixed. Dan (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Anyone considered Java?

I did some nosing around looking at the Java3D library with the thought of doing a LEGO CAD application. It looks like it might be very easy to teach Java3D to render dat/ldr files. They seem to have some sort of built in file reading mechanism (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact