 Administrative / NNTP / 1026
Re: Is it possible to have this added to the confirmation form?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 11:26:50 GMT

Kevin - I hate to point out ettiquette matters, but in some cases it
matters.  In this case, a simple FUT-->lugnet.where.ever is what you forgot
in your reply.  I only noticed this fact long after I'd replied to your
post - my newsreader DOES show where posts go, but in very small text, and
since I don't have need to keep track of where they're going I have to
assume they go where I found them, UNLESS someone tells me otherwise OR I
notice that they have been redirected.  (Not often, since I've usually got
no reason to check.)

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

(Remove spamblock to reply.)

"Geoffrey Hyde" <ghydeSPAMBLOCK@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
Yes, but I meant for beyond the signature file - suppose I spot a spelling
error or an incorrect word that makes my post make less sense - shouldn't • I
be able to edit it if I've spotted it?

It'd be of particular use if someone spotted an error that needed • correcting
in a list of parts for a set, or any list for that matter.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

(Remove spamblock to reply.)

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.general, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
Would it be possible to add an 'edit my message' button to the posting
form - sometimes I've made a simple mistake - like not remembering to • say
'remove spamblock to reply' - and a button that allows someone to edit • their
post before they let it get posted would be nice.

It's a pain to resubmit a post through a newsreader.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

(Remove spamblock to reply.)

I suggest making use of a signature file.

I have not yet met a newsreader that does not have this function -- even
Outlook Express has a signature file function (under Tools, Options,
Signatures) as does Netscape and all of the better newsreaders out there • like
MS Outlook, Microplanet Gravity, etc.

If you typically sign your email and news posts the same, a signature • file
macro will do this for you automatically.  This way there is no chance • of
forgetting to add "Remove Spamblock" or even typing your own name • incorrectly.
Plus, if you design a unique custom signature or find the 'perfect' tag • line
for your name you will not have to re-create it each time you post a • message.

Keep in mind that integrated email/newsreaders use the same sig file • AFAIK;
dunno if that will be problematic.

__Kevin Salm__