 Administrative / General / 10222
Re: Is it possible to have this added to the confirmation form?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 05:45:47 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
Would it be possible to add an 'edit my message' button to the posting
form - sometimes I've made a simple mistake - like not remembering to say
'remove spamblock to reply' - and a button that allows someone to edit their
post before they let it get posted would be nice.

It's a pain to resubmit a post through a newsreader.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

(Remove spamblock to reply.)

I suggest making use of a signature file.

I have not yet met a newsreader that does not have this function -- even
Outlook Express has a signature file function (under Tools, Options,
Signatures) as does Netscape and all of the better newsreaders out there like
MS Outlook, Microplanet Gravity, etc.

If you typically sign your email and news posts the same, a signature file
macro will do this for you automatically.  This way there is no chance of
forgetting to add "Remove Spamblock" or even typing your own name incorrectly.
Plus, if you design a unique custom signature or find the 'perfect' tag line
for your name you will not have to re-create it each time you post a message.

Keep in mind that integrated email/newsreaders use the same sig file AFAIK;
dunno if that will be problematic.

__Kevin Salm__