 Administrative / NNTP / 1031
Re: NNTP newsreader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 01:25:40 GMT

In lugnet.people.newbie, Nick Tarleton wrote:
Hi, I'm new. But you know that.

Hi! :)

Anyway, I'm using an NNTP newsreader. I can post, but I have to reply
to the e-mail "verification" message every time. Is there any way to
set up my account so I can use NNTP without this hassle?

The only way to avoid the email authuntication is to become a member,
and post via the web interface, when you're logged in. We just haven't
been able to think of a way to verify identities otherwise. Maybe one
day we'll implement a PGP solution, but I think that will not be
useful for many.

HTH!

Dan

XFUT lugnet.admin.nntp