 Administrative / General / 9961
Re: New announce.moc group needed? (Was: Bulk Lego Auctions)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 00:56:24 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney writes:

The MOC posts in .announce continue despite Todd's word on it.  Will Todd
take futher action to enforce what he said?

Dunno. I hope so. I was encouraged by his postings. I'm very very glad to
see him saying things even when they're things I may not agree with (the LD
thing)

Is it something we should make
socially unacceptable here?

Yes, I think so. People should start posting very VERY gentle reminders
(with a ref to Todd's post) that the charter doesn't allow these posts...
wording should be something along the lines of "it may not have been
entirely clear until now that MOC posts aren't encouraged here, but they are
not, consider posting to .build or the appropriate group instead... if you
really think MOC posts should be allowed, consider lobbying for a charter
change in .admin"

but more gently than that of course. :-)

As long as Todd is absentee from LUGNET I would
imagine we won't be getting a new newsgroup.

One can hope we will.