 Administrative / General / 10010
Re: New announce.moc group needed? (Was: Bulk Lego Auctions)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 00:55:11 GMT

Well now that the MOC posting have been "removed" from .announce it seems
that that the Top Stories list on the main page as become the Brickwest
Annoucement list.

jt

In lugnet.admin.general, Horst Lehner writes:
Hello Larry, hello everybody,

I would suggest to create a new group lugnet.announce.moc. Most of the
postings some people find unappropriate for any of the other
lugnet.announce.* groups could probably fit there ...

Yep, this was suggested elsewhere in the thread and it has a lot of merit.
My preference would be for build.announce as that keeps the announce tree
low traffic. (yes, you could view .announce without subgroups but then you
miss announce.brickshelf, for instance, which by rights ought to be low
traffic and full of only highly important things)

Another alternative would be to change the .announce charter to allow MOCs.
The current situation is no good as it (like artificially low speeding laws
in other contexts) tends to foster disrespect for order. Flouted charters
dilute the very CONCEPT of a charter.