 Administrative / General / 9895 (-10)
  Re: Brickbay?

(...) This is where I goofed: I started from the LUGNET main page (www.lugnet.com), looking for information regarding BrickBay's server being down. Scrolling down, under MARKET, I saw "Buy/Sell" as one of only 6 choices, and it seemed to make the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Brickbay?

In lugnet.admin.general, Kenneth Wright writes: ... (...) This is odd. What is the URL for the page that shows only 6 sub-catagories? When I go to: (URL) I see nine catagories. Since .brickshops, .appraisal and .theory are relatively new, is it (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Brickbay?

(...) I don't think anyone was being, or needed to be, apologetic. It seemed more of a rare case of being quite polite, especially when the offending parties clearly did not intentionally, and quite understandably, misdirect their posts. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

(...) Hi Bert - Thanks for the thoughtful comments. You're right, there will be the same social issues here as there are in any other community. One of the things that makes (made, because it doesn't seem to be happening now) LUGNET great was the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: Brickbay?

(...) but somebody just needs to step up and do it, sometimes... and shouldn't have to apologise for doing it, either. (...) I agree. They clearly belong there. (however this FUT went somewhere else :-) ) (...) And note that several weeks after (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.admin.general)

  Administration, not moderation (was Re: for the eyes of Suz)

(...) ...and also please understand that no one is asking for moderated content. That would be a huge step in the wrong direction, IMHO, and totally against the spirit of Lugnet. What I (and others, I believe) want is for someone on the admin team (...) (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

(...) Please note: there has been *no* intention/proposal to introduce moderators, or moderated newsgroups, on LUGNET. And, as I understand Suzanne's and Todd's opinions, there never will be. Kyle, I'm very interested to learn more about the dangers (...) (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: How do I change my Member Name?

(...) Thanks for doing so Shiri ! :) -H. (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

(...) <snipped - but see the earlier message for some interesting thoughts> (...) More brick, less hand-wringing about community. The dangers generated by thoughtful, well-intentioned moderaters, curates and the like are much more alarming than the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Eduardo is out of line (was: Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms")

Tim, I'm choping your note and reassembling because I think it's important... (...) I believe I detect a double standard in your rhetoric. Is it "pinning" something on you to identify the fault in your thinking? (...) For me, this isn't really about (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact