 Administrative / General / 9320 (-20)
  Re: Confirmations through Web URL don't work

I've had no problem with it, perhaps because i'm logged in via the web interface as well? I like the new confirmation thingy, I wouldn't ever want any more impersonations. :/ (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Confirmations through Web URL don't work

I've tried posting three messages in the new system since confirmation was required. The first two I did by clicking the confirmation URL and choosing the "post now" option on the web page. Neither posts ever showed up. Only the email-reply option (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...

(...) It looked (to me) like it was veering off into class warfare, that is, bashing sellers for making a profit. That, in my opinion, is .debate fodder. However I was wrong about that veer and I have said so already. (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...

(...) WARNING! Compartmentalized Dork-dom ahead! ;] Larry, I'm not sure why you're so convinced this isn't a .general topic. The discussion was about general "market goings-on" for LEGO. By its "charter", lugnet.off-topic.debate is for non-LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  Bug, or feature

Todd, Just noticed something and I'm not sure whether it's a bug, or a feature. I am currently logged in. The icon in the upper right is grey and says "sign out". That seems to be the case on most pages with the exception of the member pages. (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Newsgroup request for MAALFD

Wow, this shows how long I've been away from Lugnet. I was just thinking that it would be nice if we had this newsgroup because I have had like no Lego motivation lately and haven't even been checking other fire related websites for updates which is (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Possible New Group?

I was wondering if there could be a new newsgroup added for discusions about military topics and such. As far as I know, us military fans don't really have anywhere to post new models/ideas/discussions to except .build, or .space if it's futristic. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: How much to licence Lugnet technology?

In lugnet.admin.general, Alex Farlie writes: <snip> I know Todd had at one point thought that he might release the underlying tech, but I suspect (speculate, guess, seem to recall, made up statements, take your pick) that the code at this point is (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  How much to licence Lugnet technology?

Hi, Whilst this is perhaps off-topic in relation to matters Lego, I felt here was the best place to post. My question is : Would the underlying techonolgy setup used for Lugnet be suitable for another (non-Lego) related disscussion server? How much (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Link to MLCAD Homepage on MLCAD Group Page

(...) Thanks for making us aware. I've updated the link. -Suz (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.admin.general)

  Link to MLCAD Homepage on MLCAD Group Page

Todd, The link to the MLCad Home Page on the MLCad NewsGroup Page is no longer correct... (although it IS still pointing people to the new page, for now ) The new link is (URL) Lynch (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Simplified News-by-Mail signup (was: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company)

(...) Very very delayed reply (boy oh boy)... But point in case - I don't subscribe to any groups. I read them on the web - I like it better that way! -Shiri (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Randomly generated acronyms (was: Re: The commonfolk's FAQ)

(...) Or maybe on each parent group page, so that would be 52 places. Personally I only go into about 10 of those, so it wouldn't be so bad. KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Randomly generated acronyms (was: Re: The commonfolk's FAQ)

(...) Yeah.... plus, people wouldn't encounter acronyms directly on the front page anyway! It's the newsgroups where they appear frequently. Still, I'd get kinda annoyed if there was an acronym on every news page. Maybe on the news' front page? (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The commonfolk's FAQ

(...) That's sounds pretty cool. I would go even farther and have a randomly selected acronym appear on any newsgroup page on LUGNET, say at the top or something. It would be just like the taglines that used to appear on BBS's in "The Old Days". By (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The commonfolk's FAQ

Hi Eric! Don't apologize for getting off-track - I was just confused whether you misread my post, or I misread yours. ;-) (...) Wow! I like that. Once it got coded, it would be no extra work to post it "every week" or whatever. I think that *in (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The commonfolk's FAQ

Crossposted to admin.general (...) <snip> While I can't take credit for Duane's great idea this is even better than what I was thinking. I was thinking just a post with an allready defined Acronym once a week to keep the visability of the page up in (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Weird error trying to load lugnet main page?

The last thing I updated was some security-related stuff but that was downloaded and installed by Windows Update - I have Windows 98 installed here. -- Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Weird error trying to load lugnet main page?

(...) I often have this problem on the start-up page when I first start IE (my start-up page isn't Lugnet though), but after that no problems. I think it's more likely to be a client (ie IE) problem. Have you installed or updated anything on the PC (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Weird error trying to load lugnet main page?

I have a URL: that reads for lugnet like this: (URL) have to click refresh in my browser before the page will load or IE5 brings back a 'page cannot be found' error. This also happens as often as not, IE it's intermittent. What is happening and what (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact