 Administrative / General / 9320
Re: Confirmations through Web URL don't work
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:36:07 GMT

I've had no problem with it, perhaps because i'm logged in via the web
interface as well?  I like the new confirmation thingy, I wouldn't ever want
any more impersonations. :/

In lugnet.admin.general, Paul Davidson writes:
I've tried posting three messages in the new system since confirmation was
required.  The first two I did by clicking the confirmation URL and choosing
the "post now" option on the web page.  Neither posts ever showed up.  Only
the email-reply option seems to work, and I gave up using the boards for a
week out of frustration.

Surely the seeming drop in traffic recently is related to people's
difficulties using what was once the greatest online phenomenon in all of
Lego-dom.  The public Usenet seems to do all right without demanding
registration and confirmation.

--

Paul Davidson