 Administrative / General / 9315
Re: Newsgroup request for MAALFD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 21:20:27 GMT

Wow, this shows how long I've been away from Lugnet.
I was just thinking that it would be nice if we had this newsgroup because I
have had like no Lego motivation lately and haven't even been checking other
fire related websites for updates which is really odd for me.
Todd, sorry it took this long to reply. If you can create this group I'd
appreciate it and I'll let others know about it.
Maybe this would get me back into Lugnet as a whole!!
If you have any questions email me as I'll be sure to get that.
Thanks

Ryan Dennett
Legofield Fire Co.

In lugnet.admin.general, Ryan Dennett writes:
Todd,
I had sent this to you privately, but never got a response and it was then
suggested that I post it here, so...

Sorry, I've been switching to a new computer and network setup.  I remember
seeing your mail before, but didn't write back.  My old machine with all the
mail on it is currently offline -- I think I'm going to take it into work
and reformat it and use it as my main development machine there.

On behalf of the new Matual Aid Association of Lego Fire Departments,
I am requesting that a new newsgroup be created for the purpose of either
our group or a general "emergency serivces" group. I am not sure if we
would qualify as an 'organization' since we don't meet & we are not all from
the US so we wouldn't be a US Org. I guess that decision would be left up
to you. There are at this time over a dozen members of MAALFD and other
members agree that having our own newsgroup would generate more discusion
amongst us and would also make other people more aware of us.
If at all possible I think the prime location would be lugnet.org.maalfd but
that is obviously up to you.
If you have an questions please ask me and we look forward to your decision.
Thank you for your time.

It would probably go under lugnet.town.org?  How many people are currently
in the organization (about 20) and how serious is it (looks pretty serious)?
Looks like it's off to a great start...reminds me of Castle World.  :-)

--Todd