 Administrative / General / 9303
Re: Weird error trying to load lugnet main page?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 05:55:36 GMT

The last thing I updated was some security-related stuff but that was
downloaded and installed by Windows Update - I have Windows 98 installed
here.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.general, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
I have a URL: that reads for lugnet like this:

http://www.lugnet.com/

I have to click refresh in my browser before the page will load or IE5
brings back a 'page cannot be found' error.

This also happens as often as not, IE it's intermittent.

What is happening and what needs fixing?

I often have this problem on the start-up page when I first start IE (my
start-up page isn't Lugnet though), but after that no problems. I think • it's
more likely to be a client (ie IE) problem. Have you installed or updated
anything on the PC lately?

ROSCO