 Administrative / General / 9312
9311  |  9313
Subject:
How much to licence Lugnet technology?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 11:50:55 GMT

Hi, Whilst this is perhaps off-topic in relation to matters Lego,
I felt here was the best place to post.

My question is :
Would the underlying techonolgy setup used for Lugnet be suitable for another
(non-Lego) related disscussion server?

How much would it cost to licence said technolgy from Lugnet?

I was considering if it was feasible to setup a disscusion site for a Rail
Simulator program called Rail 3D and would like to include in my plans the
true costs of any software/hardware involved. (I am ignorant of any other
commercial solotuions that come close to lugnet, and in any case such
commercial soloutions would probably be way outside the budget of a lone fan
of a progam.)

At present disscusion about the Rail3D program takes place on a series of
Yahoo groups which do include a file archive section.

However Yahoo groups have thier limitations...:-(

I feel that setting up a suppourt site along Lugnet lines would be a better
soloution.  One thing that Lugnet does not suppourt that a yahoo group does
is a file archive... ( but with the appropriate servers I would assume this
is not a difficult thing to setup?)

Todd and others I await your comments.

Alex