 Administrative / General / 8575
Re: Debate's current problem (was Re: Uselessness of .debate)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 20:08:40 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...

Great post. I'm disappointed that no one else commmented yet. Is it because
everyone agrees so totally that everyone else thinks comment would be
redundant? That can't be it...

Well, Larry, surely you spend a lot more time reading these newsgroups than
most, so perhaps only a few have ventured down to this part of the
discussion tree.
If you like, you could refer to the post in other parts of this (quite
large) thread... Of course, I feel a bit funny suggesting such a thing about
my own post, but then it's always nice to get exposure when you feel you
have something important to say. ;-)

Once again, I want to urge everyone to keep debates as concise as possible,
and be as _selective_ as possible when choosing what statements to respond
to in our discussions. I think that given the intellectual talent displayed
here ( we at LUGNET _are_ smart people), our debates would become
fascinating, enlightening and (most of all) easy to follow for anyone
interested, and then _nobody_ would question the value of .debate ever
again.

Anyway, enough pep-talk for now ;-)

Cheers,
Paul