 Administrative / General / 8325
  error message!

Hi all (espacially Todd, I guess), I recieved a few Duplo sets today (no big deal) and wanted to add them to my Lugnet Member Set List. After having pushed the 'Submit' button some kind of error occured. I am not sure wheter my data was accepted (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: error message!

(...) Christian, The error message was an internal consistency check -- the system noticed that an element of the cross-reference data in a two-dimensional matrix (that's what the "m2" in the assertion failure stood for) was inconsistent. As near as (...) (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: error message!

(...) day job?? ! Can you tell us more? IIRC you were planning to do LUGNET full time till your burn rate got the best of you, are you at that point now? ++Lar (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: error message!

(...) Ya -- systems programmer/analyst at the BU (Boston University) Office of Information Technology (same place Matthew Miller works). Very laid back environment, very Unix/Linux/Solaris. (...) Once I get settled, I may actually be able to devote (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: error message!

Thanks Todd, everything now works fine again, please excuse that I have stolen your time as we all know you have so much to do. I didn't entirely understand what excactly went wrong, but I'm happy it's okay now. I don't think that I entered an ASCII (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Welcome back to the world of salaryman (was Re: error message!

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: <snipped details of what sounds like a very cool gig and great fit for Todd's desired parameters> (...) Speaking of fuel, though, are you down for short short (a day or two) high pay consulting gigs if (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Welcome back to the world of salaryman (was Re: error message!

(...) Down for means up for? :-) In the short-term, I'll need to save up my vacation days for wedding stuff (no hard date set yet but thinking early 2001) so that restricts the flexibility of weekdays for a while, but I think there are paid holidays (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Good Luck (was - Re: error message!)

(...) Good luck with your new post. I can't say it is a great time of year to start a new job, but it is a good time to have extra security - especially if one is thinking of getting married soon. ;-) Don't work too hard. Scott A (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: error message!

(...) Aha! OK, then I see now how the ASCII 0 got there! :-) :-) When the low- level CGI stuff on the server receives two copies of the same field, it pastes them together with and ASCII 0 separator into a single string. In an HTML, the only time (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: error message!

Hi Todd, again you impressed me with a way more detailed answer than I expected and again I'm not entirely sure that I understood everything. As long as I could help supporting it's fine though :) . (...) (eleven) (...) the (...) Oh, yes! There are (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: error message!

(...) Yup -- that's correct -- you're the only one who ever normally sees them. I happened to see it when I looked into some of the raw DB data to track down the bug. (...) It was a bug. So was the technical problem last week. --Todd (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: error message!

(...) Wow, almost the same title as my current job, same title as the one I've applied for in the NT/Unix group here at UTK. Current job is primarily NT support, as would this other one be, but with more opportunities to get involved in the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: error message!

(...) Cool! I'm supposed to be going there too! Though to the linux/unix security :) Perhaps I'll bump into you there :) FUT - o-t.geek (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: error message!

(...) But.... but.... I thought Linux/Unix were already secure? ;) I'm staying at the conference hotel - I'm sure we can work out dinner or something! (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: error message!

(...) heheh... let's not go there today :) (...) nod, could be cool :) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)