 Administrative / General / 7211
Re: Suggestions for posting articles using web interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 19:37:03 GMT

The truck factor is basically, AFAIK, how many trucks it would take to wipe out the
company/project/whatever.

One truck hitting a car Todd is in would pretty much destroy Lugnet, and that's
BAD.

That's why most companies won't let all of their executives travel on the same
train/bus/plane at once.

Richard Franks wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeff Thompson writes:

(I'd be glad to help implement this!  Is Lugnet an open-source or
a closed-source project?)

I believe it's closed source, and has truck factor 1.

I don't understand the truck reference, but LUGNET wouldn't need to be open-
source to benefit from multiple developers working on encapsulatable tasks.
Semi-closed-source?

Although, I imagine that creating encapsulatable tasks and managing the merging
process isn't almost as much fun as writing everything by yourself!

I wouldn't want to ask Todd to make developing LUGNET any less fun for himself,
at least until LUGNET starts turning a net profit :)

Richard

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/