 Administrative / General / 7208
Re: Suggestions for posting articles using web interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:44:14 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeff Thompson writes:
I would just do this myself, by writing down the post number of my last read
message and editing the URL manually, but there's no "previous" button, only
"next" button.  I wish there were a "get previous 20 messages."

If you're willing to tinker with the URL,

Oh yes, indeed.  :^)

you can change the sign of the
delta stepper from negative to positive (i.e., remove the "-" sign), for
example:

Wonderful!!  Perfect.  Thank you!  Beautiful implementation.

  http://www.lugnet.com/?n=*156400,-20&v=b   (reverse-chronological)
  http://www.lugnet.com/?n=*156400,20&v=b    (chronological)

BTW, have you tried Sproat's streaming newsreader?

No, I haven't.  I'll look at it - thank you for the recommendation.

To be honest, lugnet's web interface, particularly the 'view nested
messages' feature, has considerably spoiled me - I find myself wishing
that lugnet.com offered usenet news feeds.

--

Jeff <jthompson@esker.com>   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"