 Administrative / General / 7195
7194  |  7196
Subject:
Suggestions for posting articles using web interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:35:12 GMT

I have a few suggestions for improving the posting of articles using the web
interface.

1) There should be a web interface for canceling your own posts.

2) There should be a "Preview" button so you can see what your post will look
like before you actually post it.  This would actually let you fix line
wrapping mistakes, urls split across lines, etc.

3) Error messages should be in big, bold, red letters.  There's been once or
twice when a post I made was NOT accepted, but the 'not accepted' page looks
too similar to the 'accepted' page, so I didn't notice it.

and

4) (this one's for "way out there, when you've got nothing better to do") A
spell checker for posted articles - tied in with #2, the "Preview" button - it
could somehow (underlined, or coloured differently, or whatever) indicate
which words you've misspelled.

--
  David Schilling