 Administrative / General / 5726
  Article rating?

I know it is still early days. but I've been watching the article scoring since it came in less than a week or so ago. I expected more and more of the members to score on more and more posts, but the exact opposite _appears_ to be occurring. I can (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Article rating?

(...) It's pretty easy! (...) I think less before giving something a 100 than a 0? Also, I don't want to get involved in rating-wars.. if I see a post that I think has been unfairly marked down, I don't pull it in the other direction just because - (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Article rating?

(...) 5: Members can't remember their passwords? At least, that's the case for me... My password was put in a safe place when it got mailed to me, and I haven't had a chance to dig it out (yes, I know where it is) and use it, now that there's an (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Article rating?

(...) 4. You have to be reading via the web interface to (a) sign in and (b) rate the articles. I find reading via the web interface to be cumbersome. (Not that it matters wrt this discussion, since I haven't filled in the membership form yet.) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Article rating?

(...) 5. It requires reading the posts via web interface, which I don't think very practical, if you don't use more than one computer to read the posts. Selçuk (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Article rating?

(...) Actually, if you are rating individual articles, it seems a bit of a pain to use it. The reason is the time lag is unacceptable. Clicking on the submit rating or change rating button causes the entire page to be refreshed. This alone takes (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Article rating?

(...) Twice? That's odd...what browser are you using? Since it's getting an HTTP 'Location' relocator, it should only make you click Back once. (...) Technically, I think it's possible. I seem to remember there being an HTTP response that says "no (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Article rating?

(...) today. But I just got a small fix that makes it easier, and Todd is mulling over a big change in how article tracking works... with a few more changes this interface will be BETTER than the newsreader, so hang in there, I say. (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Article rating?

(...) Agreed. (...) Disagree, I do not see this behaviour in NS 4.7. The rated page is the same page as the unrated so you only need to go back once. (...) YES. I trust that it took my rating into account, I don't need proof, I'll hit refresh if I (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Article rating?

(...) MSIE takes the refresh as a new page? Weird - Netscape lets you go back with just one 'back' click. I really love the 'next' and 'previous' links - would it be possible to make them submit any ratings too? That would mean there's no time lag (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Article rating?

(...) two ways I can think of achieving that... one is to have a small window generated when you click on "Submit Rating" - put a TARGET in the form, and let it just tell you that "Your rating has been accepted, the rating for this message is now (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)