 Administrative / General / 5828
Re: Article rating?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:16:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, David Schilling writes:

Actually, if you are rating individual articles, it seems a bit of a pain to
use it.  The reason is the time lag is unacceptable.  Clicking on the submit
rating or change rating button causes the entire page to be refreshed.  This
alone takes quite a while, even with a fast connection.

Agreed.

And then you also
need to click the "back" button on your browser TWICE instead of once, taking
even more time.

Disagree, I do not see this behaviour in NS 4.7. The rated page is the same
page as the unrated so you only need to go back once.

I wish there was a way to submit the rating without having
the page reload.

YES. I trust that it took my rating into account, I don't need proof, I'll hit
refresh if I really can't do the math in my head.

A suggestion would be in the 'tree' modes, to also somehow indicate which
articles you've read, perhaps by making the dot a different colour.

Yes. or just an indicator... Right now the dot IS a different color on the tiny
tree if you've went through that link to see the article (but not if the
article was cross posted and you read it in a different group)

What do
you think, Todd?  Is it possible?  Is it worth doing?

I think he's thinking about how to do it as we speak.

++Lar