 Administrative / General / 5829
Re: Article rating?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:53:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, David Schilling writes:

Actually, if you are rating individual articles, it seems a bit of a pain to
use it.  The reason is the time lag is unacceptable.  Clicking on the submit
rating or change rating button causes the entire page to be refreshed.  This
alone takes quite a while, even with a fast connection.  And then you also
need to click the "back" button on your browser TWICE instead of once, taking
even more time.  I wish there was a way to submit the rating without having
the page reload.

MSIE takes the refresh as a new page? Weird - Netscape lets you go back with
just one 'back' click. I really love the 'next' and 'previous' links - would it
be possible to make them submit any ratings too? That would mean there's no
time lag associated with rating - and I'd prolly rate a lot more too!

Richard