 Administrative / General / 5730
Re: Article rating?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:44:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
I know it is still early days. but I've been watching the article scoring
since it came in less than a week or so ago. I expected more and more of the
members to score on more and more posts, but the exact opposite _appears_ to
be occurring. I can not see the system(?),  as I am not a member, so that
lack off participation indicates to me that one, or more, of several things
are happening:

1. The system is hard to use?

It's pretty easy!

2. Members to not like to rate other's posts?

I think less before giving something a 100 than a 0? Also, I don't want to get
involved in rating-wars.. if I see a post that I think has been unfairly marked
down, I don't pull it in the other direction just because - ie I won't mark a
'30' post as 100, just to drag it nearer 60, if 60 is what I would personally
rate it?

3. Apathy prevails?
4. ?

I think it is also a numbers thing.. once the numbers of people rating posts
reaches a critical level, more and more people will start.

I also feel that it's been a little soured with all the subjective posting,
again - once more people start voting this shouldn't be a problem as it will be
not as obvious.

I think when the ratings table comes online, a lot more people will use the
rating system - because doing so will make a difference.

Richard