 Administrative / General / 5081
  Tom, Ebay auction group? What happened?

I started a thread a few weeks ago asking for a separate group for Ebay auction announcements. What was the outcome? I thought that there were some good suggestions. Eric and I did put a filter for Ebay auctions (in the title) and for our favorite (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Tom, Ebay auction group? What happened?

R2 <r2eng@primenet.com> wrote in message news:Fr6EsL.2Du@lugnet.com... (...) some (...) headers). (...) I did not see your post. I do ebay auctions. Is this now the "done thing"? (...) Mine may be a problem. As I usually link my auctions to a none (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Tom, Ebay auction group? What happened?

(...) It's been the "done thing", to my knowlege, here and on RTL, ever since I started using LUGNET and RRTL about a year ago and therefore probably before that too. Kevin (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Tom, Ebay auction group? What happened?

(...) You know, the people that put eBay in there title are doing it as a courtesy. It's certainly not required (and shouldn't be in my opinion). Now you want to turn around and harass the people that don't? And please don't reply to this saying (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Tom, Ebay auction group? What happened?

(...) What about: lugnet.market.auction - for *everything and everyone* - as it is now lugnet.market.auction.private - for those running, or wishing to support private auctions exclusively It's a lot easier to move private auctions than it is move (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Tom, Ebay auction group? What happened?

(...) Erm, I disagree - 'private' may be mis-interpreted, how about 'home-run'? Or do the people who dislike ebay announcements also dislike things like Brickshop, Guarded-Inn,Auczilla etc? (...) Possibly, but only if a private/home-run auction is (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Tom, Ebay auction group? What happened?

Ditto. Like I said, why is someone (silly enough to be) running a private auction where he or she does all the work for no apparent benefit somehow better than someone who has the common sense to use something that automates some of the work and (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

Rob Farver wrote in message ... (...) courtesy. (...) placed (...) not. (...) auctions (...) lot (...) kids, (...) I don't believe that it is a requirement that Ebay be listed in the subject header. Using a filter was suggested as a means to filter (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Tom, Ebay auction group? What happened?

(...) I did not know this was the done thing. A quick glance at the group shows that most do not follow the practice. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Tom, Ebay auction group? What happened?

(...) It is not a requirement. Using a filter is great if it helps you reduce the number of eBay announcements you have to read. But by forcing others to put eBay in their title you are, in effect, saying that you want everyone else to conform to (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Tom, Ebay auction group? What happened?

(...) Actually, I do look over all the listings each day. I don't do it all in one sitting. I also just skim the descriptions. I have looked at something a few times because of a Lugnet announcement that I might not have looked at otherwise. Lugnet (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.theory)