 Administrative / General / 5081
5080  |  5082
Subject:
Tom, Ebay auction group? What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:32:52 GMT

I started a thread a few weeks ago asking for a separate group for Ebay
auction announcements. What was the outcome? I thought that there were some
good suggestions.

Eric and I did put a filter for Ebay auctions (in the title) and for our
favorite auction poster (that usually omits Ebay in their subject headers).
This does filter out many (?) announcements, however, since this subject
came up it appears that more people are omitting Ebay from their subject
header. We seem to be getting more Ebay announcements that slip through the
filter.

If we aren't going to start a separate Ebay auction group can we at least
get people to put Ebay in their subject header? Can we then have permission
to "spam" them with their own message if they continually "forget" to do
this? (smile)

Rose