 Administrative / General / 5123
Re: Tom, Ebay auction group? What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:56:41 GMT

Rob Farver wrote:
I have to question this.  I know for myself that there are so many different
items I would be interested in that I could never search for them all on eBay.
I also don't have the time (I doubt anyone does) to keep up to date on the
2000+ LEGO auctions running on eBay at any given time.  Can you honestly tell
me you've never run across an eBay announcement here that pointed out something
you might miss in your regular searching on eBay?  I know I have.

Actually, I do look over all the listings each day. I don't do it all in
one sitting. I also just skim the descriptions. I have looked at
something a few times because of a Lugnet announcement that I might not
have looked at otherwise. Lugnet announcements reflect a very small
portion of the items I bid on on eBay. For me at least, the best way to
get me to look at your auction is be descriptive enough in the title. If
you're selling sets, make sure set numbers are in your titles, and theme
if you've got a bunch of sets, or set titles if it's just one set. Also
make sure your description has enough text that keyword searches will
find it. For parts lots, make the title descriptive.

Since this is drifting into theory, I'm setting follow-ups to
lugnet.market.theory, and with that I offer some additional advice on
how to attract me to your auction:

- don't sell all your sets in one huge lot, at least split them by theme
- don't sell all your small sets individually, it's better to bundle
several so that I win a lot at say $15 plus $3.20 postage rather than
one set for $7 with $3.20 postage.
- same goes for parts lots, make them big enough unless you have a TON
of parts lots so that I will likely win several
- organize your parts lots by type of part

FUT lugnet.market.theory
--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com