 Administrative / General / 5118
Re: Tom, Ebay auction group? What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:59:21 GMT

Rob Farver wrote in message ...

You know, the people that put eBay in there title are doing it as a • courtesy.
It's certainly not required (and shouldn't be in my opinion).  Now you want
to turn around and harass the people that don't?  And please don't reply to
this saying they're harassing you.  If an eBay auction announcement is • placed
in market.auction it's not harassing, whether it has eBay in it's title or • not.
I'm tired of seeing all this animosity towards eBay auctions.  eBay • auctions
are a WHOLE lot easier to run than "hand run" auctions, and reach a WHOLE • lot
more people.  I used to have time to run auctions by hand but with two • kids,
a new house and my wife and I both working it's just not possible anymore.

I don't believe that it is a requirement that Ebay be listed in the subject
header. Using a filter was suggested as a means to filter out unwanted Ebay
auction announcements. I am just pointing out that the filter is becoming
less useful because people are not putting Ebay in their subject header when
they are announcing an Ebay auction. It was assumed that people would use
Ebay in the subject header. Why would you not use Ebay in the header if you
are selling on Ebay? I am curious why someone feels that they want to
"hide"(?) this fact.

My comment about "spamming" was said in jest. I feel that I get "spammed",
by people not putting Ebay in their subject header, because I have put a
filter on auction announcements.

I buy and sell (sometimes) on Ebay, however the Ebay auction announcements
have become so numerous that I found I was missing auction announcements by
"privates". I personally find all the Ebay auction announcements annoying. I
will find the auction when I search in Ebay and I believe that most people
on LUGNET DO search for sets on Ebay. I can only find out about "privates"
by looking here on LUGNET.

I just want to know if there were any decisions made about this subject or
else Tom can tell me to hang it up.

Rose