 Administrative / General / 4929
  lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

OK. Something that came out of a recent debate was that there is at least one person besides me who has decreased activity in lugnet.castle due to the preponderance of Castle World posts. Therefore, I'd like to propose that Castle World get it's own (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

Perhaps you are right. The only thing I subscribe to .castle for is castle world…. so maybe it does not belong there. Scott A (...) folks (...) assuming (...) going (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) Agreed, in toto. I read .castle for castle stuff, and for Castle World stuff, and I think they should probably be seperated. Especially while Castle World is still in the early stages, and debates occaisionly rise over how it should be set up (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Lorbaat (<Fr2Fr3.I5J@lugnet.com>) wrote at 19:06:39 (...) Speaking as possibly the other person, I fully agree with Eric. I haven't been so bold, because I couldn't see anything *wrong* with the CW posts, but they have certainly (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) Well, my knee jerk reaction is "Definitely!". There have been a LOT of posts on Castle World development and potential concepts, to which there has been a lot of negative feedback-- primarily being that it clutters and bogs down lugnet.castle. (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) Yah, prolly a wise idea...came up last week too... When grouping and organizing, three main demographics typically com up: 1. Geography/Proximity/etc. 2. Age/Gender/Race/etc. 3. Common interests The .org.* ng hierarchy exists primarily to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) Eric, I think this is a great idea, as long as it is very clearly stated that the new group is for administrative discussion of the Castle World project. I think MOCs, etc set in CW still definitely belong in .castle. Discussion of actual (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) No objections from me with having a dead group -- it's no drag on the server. I don't think it would really be dead though -- probably low-traffic at the worst, not that there's anything wrong with low-traffic if it's focused. (...) I'll try (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) Actually, I think a Castle World group would have long-term life - it seems like a natural place to talk about storylines, quibble "as characters" over borders, etc - I think it would be a cool thing. As a measure of what I think would belong (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) Yah, .castle.org.castleworld strikes me as best... except that people reading through the web interface will still see all the CW posts, so it doesn't really accomplish the objective very well. Not sure how to resolve that. James (URL) getting (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

Just what about Castle World isn't castle related??? you want to talk about building.. go to .build, that's what it's for. .Castle is for anything castle related, the front webpage even states: lugnet.castle– LEGO SYSTEM Castle™: products (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) The long threads about how to organize it, what the map should be like, the debates and almost-unpleasantness that came up over that stuff. At a guess. Also, it could be argued (and in fact, I did, in another post) that the fiction and story (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) The administration and organizational details, which I hope would be the only things that get moved. The Castle World creations and storylines and stuff - anything that's actually Castle-related, that is - would still remain here. While you (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) I think all of that would go into .castle, and I *definitely* think that is where it belongs. After all, if I had a non-CW site, I would surely be allowed to talk about my storyline or characters in .castle - why segregate the people who are (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

Jeff Johnston wrote in message <38C5BAA3.C360873B@m...ne.net>... (...) seems (...) over (...) In some ways I agree with you, but as my newsreading time is going down, I'm finding I'm starting to ignore what's going on in castle and pirates (less so (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) Welp, .build is for generic building advice and stuff which isn't particularly related to any theme in particular -- things like how to make internal support structures, or how to make curved walls, or new ways to use pieces, etc. And .general (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) Well, I do see your point... however, most storylines are not totally CW related or dependant. Maybe some were motivated to emerge due to CW. (1) But the fact that they'll be hosted on CW doesn't make them un-castle related... IMO, they still (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) Actually, I think you're right... for whatever reason I was really only considering what people had been pointing out as the 'problem'-- that being a feast of administrative debates, etc., which I think WILL die for the most part... I had kind (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)