 Administrative / General / 4973
Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 03:30:18 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:

In some ways I agree with you, but as my newsreading time is going down, I'm
finding I'm starting to ignore what's going on in castle and pirates (less
so for pirates) because of the story line stuff. When my buying spree starts
slowing down, I will probably become more interested in castle-world, and
then I'd love to be able to start reading the castle-world group, and find
all the back history, as opposed to having to open castle and view all the
posts I marked read because I got tired of having to wade through hundreds
of unread posts to find the new material of interest (and threading only
helps so much).

Well, I do see your point... however, most storylines are not totally CW
related or dependant. Maybe some were motivated to emerge due to CW. (1)
But the fact that they'll be hosted on CW doesn't make them un-castle
related... IMO, they still belong in .castle.
(Don't get me wrong; I understand what you feel when going thru the masses of
CW posts. I just don't think that they should be excluded from .castle.)

I won't cry if org.castle-world is administrivia only, but I do see real
advantages of keeping the story line stuff there. Also consider that any
story line stuff of real value to outsiders probably should be up on the web
site (where I would even end up reading it, but I'd be reading polished
material instead of a myriad of negotiations - this is what I've done with
the story line in pirates).

It will be put up on the website, eventually. But that'll take a while.

As to Tamy's suggestion that one look to .build for creations, I am more
frustrated by the existence of .build (and more and more, .general) because
the MOCs are categorized (hey, I'm a compartmentalized dork - take a look at
my web site of links if you don't think so...
http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/Lego.html ).

;-) Here's to compartmentalized dorks!

-Shiri

(1) (1) My storyline, for example, began a bit before the CW idea was raised
(IIRC), but began to pick up speed after it, simply because I had a reason to
do them. Before that, it was just 'well, I'll make a storyline someday, put up
a site someday, not today, maybe later...'