 Administrative / General / 4950
Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:48:25 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, David Eaton writes:
However, I'm not inclined to think that it will be a trend that will persist--
I think once Castle World actually gets to be a developed site with
established policies, etc., the posts on LUGNET will drop dramatically.
Hence, any group established for castle world will probably become a more or
less dead group, unless there are continual posts to it about 'new updates'
and what members have added recently, etc. And THOSE posts aren't what are
bothering steady .castle readers-- it's the horde of messages like "I think
scale should be X with these rules governing structure placement and realm
division, etc.". At least that's my impression...

Actually, I think a Castle World group would have long-term life - it seems
like a natural place to talk about storylines, quibble "as characters" over
borders, etc - I think it would be a cool thing.

As a measure of what I think would belong where...

In castle world and castle:
  links to new CW MOCs.  Obvious.
  comments about CW MOCs - experiences, building tips, "wow cool"s, etc
In castle and NOT castle world:
  non CW MOCs, and commentary
  general castle discussion
  LEGO product and all that surrounds it
  anything not CW.
In castle world and NOT castle:
  story ideas, collaberations, and entreaties to collaberate
  administrivia and associated discussion
  ongoing discussions about characters, stories, MOCs and general banter
    about CW
  semi "in character" offers, threats, discussions et al - as an example,
    I'd love to "advertise" the Blank Shields as a merc group for hire.
NOT in castle:
  Attempts to convert - well-meaning or otherwise, not everyone wants to be in
CW, and I'd hate to see every new MOC or 'fig followed up with a "hey, submit
that to Castle World" - presumably, it'll stay high enough profile that
everyone will be aware of it, and join if they want, or not if they don't.

$0.02
James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/
I'm getting paid for this --> Alladvantage.com
Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet.