 Administrative / General / 478
477  |  479
Subject:
DejaNews and sff.net
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 01:07:00 GMT

In going back through sff.net's sff.admin.discuss group, I came upon a
message that  stated that somebody had found their posts to sff.net
groups archived on DejaNews (sff.net is a private news board just like
lugnet, except focused toward the Science fiction, fantasy, and horror
genre) Sff.net is private. It does NOT propagate itself. However,
somehow, people have been mirroring them anyway.

Their admin, Jeffrey Dwight, wrote basically that they have not found
a way to stop this yet. I have written him to see if I can repost his
message here.

I thought you guys should know about this. If its happening to them it
might happen to lugnet as well

Sarah Heacock
sarah@eskimo.com