 Administrative / General / 447
Re: From-line registration?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:22:00 GMT

sarah@eskimo.com (Perhaps a Princess....) writes:

  "name" <login@host.domain.xyz>   ->  ("name", "login@host.domain.xyz")
  name <login@host.domain.xyz>     ->  ("name", "login@host.domain.xyz")
  login@host.domain.xyz (name)     ->  ("name", "login@host.domain.xyz")

Another question here, are you just looking for the email address
here? Or is the "name" part going to have to stay consistent as well?
Mine has been Perhaps a Princess... as long as I can remember. BUt it
is something that is changeable on a local level (which is how I got
that.)

It's going to look for a match on the pair (x,y) where x is the Name field
and y is the Email-address field.  It'll parse various forms of the From
line to get x and y.

--Todd