 Administrative / General / 421
Re: From-line registration?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 13:05:04 GMT

Yes, wonderful idea. I thought the "ickna" thing was a bit overdone, and
definitely baiting you, (not that I haven't, mind you....). I'm sure that
there are limits to patience, even yours. I hope this feature is completed
soon, might save you some gray hairs...
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

******
(Disclaimer: Nope, don't work for LEGO (TLG)/but want to.)
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus) legoman34@usa.net
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
ICQ #171101
... (Hoping you will all come see my entry to the Acropolis Project
Contest... <
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334/greco-romana.html >
)
*****

Todd Lehman wrote in message <3629e87d.3130154@lugnet.com>...

Some people seem to think it is cute to put garbage or ridiculous things
into their "From:" lines (in place of their names and/or e-mail addresses).

<snip>

Here is my proposal:

1.  New users go to a web page (similar to the current Setup page) and
   enter the following information into a form:

      - real-life name
      - nickname/pseudonym
      - real e-mail address
      - spamblock e-mail address
      - organization
      - location

2.  The server stores this information a database of identities which are
   pending approval.

<snip>
--Todd