 Administrative / General / 445
Re: From-line registration?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 16:09:06 GMT

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 13:33:16 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

Did news posts show up that way too?  I've seen that pretty commonly on
mail, but I don't think I've seen that happen on news postings, have you?

I don't know? I remember the email problems because it gave me
problems subscribing/unsubscribing and (occasionally) sending mail
messages to certain mailing lists. There was never any problems with
news since the news server received from anywhere and mail sent to any
of those domains would get to me.

  "name" <login@host.domain.xyz>   ->  ("name", "login@host.domain.xyz")
  name <login@host.domain.xyz>     ->  ("name", "login@host.domain.xyz")
  login@host.domain.xyz (name)     ->  ("name", "login@host.domain.xyz")

Another question here, are you just looking for the email address
here? Or is the "name" part going to have to stay consistent as well?
Mine has been Perhaps a Princess... as long as I can remember. BUt it
is something that is changeable on a local level (which is how I got
that.)

Sarah