 Administrative / General / 3640
Re: Help: Re: review: LEGO '99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:05:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:
David Schilling <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> wrote:
To summarize, though, I don't think it would be too big a deal if there
were false matches.  The benefit of having this feature would more than
make up for the minor inconvenience other times.

But Todd has put so much effort into making LugNET do things The Right Way
it seems a shame to mar it with such an unelegant solution.

I was thinkin' thumbnails along the bottom or side wouldn't get in the way
too much, maybe, if there were false positives...

Down the side would work, especially as this is a web interface thing - I
don't know about other people, but I've got a lot of screen real estate doing
nothing in messages...

My major concern with that would be loading times.  The S@H specials, for
example, would often be 10 or more thumbnails...

I don't like the idea of thumbnail *pictures* automatically showing up
beside messages.  Purely iconic links would be OK.

I do like the idea of a syntax that will get automagically
expanded from something like LS#6077 to a hyperlink to the
lugnet/pause picture of that set.

--

jthompson@esker.com      "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"