 Administrative / General / 3633
Re: Help: Re: review: LEGO '99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 14:36:33 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:
David Schilling <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> wrote:
To summarize, though, I don't think it would be too big a deal if there were
false matches.  The benefit of having this feature would more than make up • for
the minor inconvenience other times.

But Todd has put so much effort into making LugNET do things The Right Way
it seems a shame to mar it with such an unelegant solution.

I think this would be great.  I'd be happy to abide by some nomenclature
that automagically turned set numbers into hyperlinks for users of the
web interface.  <set=6077> could turn into <a href="www.lugnet.com...6077">
6077</a>, and all we would see would be a blue hypertext clickable 6077
that led to a picture of the set.  Awesome!

Of course, users of newsreader software would see the whole <set=6077>
nomenclature, so it would be best to make the nomenclature as unobtrusive
as possible.  Maybe just <6077> would be enough to clue the software
in that it needed to generate a hyperlink for that set number.

--

jthompson@esker.com  "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily