 Administrative / General / 362
Re: Strategy/algorithm for Followup-To field in non-discussion groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 13:39:51 GMT

mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller) writes:

Larry Pieniazek <lpien@ctp.com> wrote:
I'd go with no. If I post a model to lcad.dat I would not expect to see that
model appear in any other group. That is, the model post itself is different in
kind from its followups.

Right. Definitely so for cad dat files. But what about announcements?

Hmm, I guess if someone's not subscribed to the announcements group, caveat
emptor to them...  lugnet.announce is the one group that really everyone
should have in their subscription list.

--Todd