 Administrative / General / 290
  CFD: lugnet.theme.*

[Using Todd's format... I thought I'd might get more responses if I posted my question here, rather than in lugnet.general...] Informal call for discussion... lugnet.theme.* ===...=== I hope I don't sound pretentious by doing this, but I'm wondering (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.theme.*

(...) I'm a castle & pirate person, so I feel a little unsure of where to start up these types of discussions... I've enjoyed the "Guarded Inn" discussion & Mike Stanley's triumph of finally obtaining one. :) But it'd be nice to have a place whine (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.theme.*

(...) lugnet.build (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.theme.*

(...) I originally had things broken down this way back in early August, but it came up with 20+ groups, and was discouraged by many people from having separate theme groups... It's really only the Trains and Robotics folks who have a whole "genre" (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.theme.*

Michael Huffman wrote in message <36204B96.E28ECDAB@m...ng.com>... (...) I agree with Perhaps a Princess... Lugnet.build. I'm not a big castle guy, but I enjoyed the "Guarded Inn" discussion too. I would like to keep up on whats going on in the (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.theme.*

(...) That's wasn't the point of why I said the above... I mean I know I can start a discussion there, or a discussion in lugnet.general or depending on what aspect of castle, I can start it in other places on Lugnet. I guess one of my feelings is (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.theme.*

(...) More often that not, you'll want lugnet.build (general LEGO building topics) for Castle & Pirate stuff -- if it's about building/architecture/etc... But you'd want lugnet.general (general LEGO topics) if it's not about building but instead (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.theme.*

(...) Me neither :) -- except a bunch as a whole -- our thought was that everyone who's here would have a slightly different set of newsgroups that they collectively call their home. For example, I'd call lugnet.general and lugnet.build and (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.theme.*

(...) Actually, for me, I like reading about what others have done. Often it gives me ideas across themes, because building bridges restaurants, inns and pubs are all plausible in just about any theme that has minifigs. One thing that might be cool (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.theme.*

I disagree with breaking down the auction and trade groups further - although I know I only am looking for a few things, I think that breaking them down and making them easier to use _might_ squelch momentum. Secretly, however, I have another (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)