 Administrative / General / 2596
Re: CFD: lugnet.lego.* newsgroup hierarchy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 05:58:26 GMT

Hi Matthew,

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message
Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
There are two main possibilities...one is the anal-retentive structure --
which attempts to match the official product line as closely as • possible...

I'm a big fan of throwing away TLG's naming scheme and using something
logical instead. :) I'd go further than just throwing out "system" -- I'd
reorganize the whole mess.

I agree here.  I believe that if TLG is moving things around and changing
numbers and names that it would probably be better.  At least then we would
have a better scheme in place and wouldn't have to restructure every time
they changed what system a theme goes in (or whatever they've been doing).
However, I think we would have to at least have some sort of cross-reference
to their scheme, not necessarily updating every item, but have a general
page that notes which of their names go with ours.  I'm not sure though,
would it be more of a headache to create a new scheme and organize
everything accordingly or just update our lists when they change theirs?
Maybe I don't agree, I don't know.  It's 2am my brain isn't working so good
and my cat has fallen off the arm rest twice already.  I think I just need
to go to bed.

'nite,
Adam