 Administrative / General / 2386
Re: CFD: lugnet.lego.* newsgroup hierarchy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 22:56:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, "Tom McDonald" <radiotitan@spamcake.yahoo.com>
writes:
[...]
I also seem to remember that some old classic space stuff said "Legoland" on
the box - if that's true to theme, then there's further potential
disorganization. But even if it is true, I vote to leave it as "space".

Right -- Space used to be called LEGOLAND Space, but now it's called LEGO
SYSTEM Space or the LEGO Space System.  (I'd have to check with Joshua to be
absolutely sure, but that's basically the idea.)  It would take a temporal
database to put space under both LEGOLAND and SYSTEM, and that would only
confuse things even more.  :)

"Western" instead of "Wild West" does not bother me, as looking over the rest
of the list does not impose ambiguity, just as, ATM, "underground" does not
either.

Underground is actually the name of the system to which Rock Raiders
belongs, just as Aquazone is the name of the system to which Aquanauts
belongs.  (That is, Underground isn't just another non-U.S. name for Rock
Raiders.)

"Software" is good. "Media" is ambiguous. Personally, I work in the media,
work on media, am the media. Son las tres y media. Too vague.

:)

But I should wouldn't want to stuff much more into a list that big.  :)

I wouldn't either. I like having things intuitive whenever possible, but if
intuition reigned supreme, everyone in the world would have huge monitors with
which to display all this stuff at a legible font size :-) If you're thinking
mostly of how much you can cram into the current homepage (thereby upsetting
that nice 3x6 table of links you've got now) maybe you could put one more link
labelled "newsgroup index" or something like that.

At some piont, it might make sense to deconstruct the homepage and
reconstruct it in a slightly different configuration for this.

Yet, those who regularly read/contribute to this site know that there's
*plenty* of things Lego to discuss ad nauseum. We already know Lugnet is no
small place and it's only going to get bigger!! :-)

There's never enough stuff to talk about.  :)

--Todd