 Administrative / General / 2370
Re: Please help keep LUGNET clean
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 05:54:14 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, "Tom McDonald" <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com> writes:

lugnet.charges
lugnet.arraignment
lugnet.judgejudy

j/k

LOL!

[...]
Judicial system? Wow, I suddenly feel myself leaning toward libertarianism.

Yikes, I just scored scored 90%/80% Libertarian on the "World's Smallest
Political Quiz" <http://www.self-gov.org/lp-quiz.shtml> (linked to from the
Libertarian Party <www.lp.org> homepage).  I wonder what that means.

Anyway, when I say "some sort of community judicial system," I don't mean a
big bloated monstrosity of tangled gunk like a real socity, I simply mean
some way (hopefully small and fair and simple) for people to be judged by
their peers if the do something really bad.  Maybe we have that already,
maybe we don't.  I'm not sure.  We'll find out when someone does something
really bad someday.

[...]
When starting to consider all this, I suddenly feel very tired...

Me too, when you take it to that far of an extreme as you laid out.

--Todd