 Administrative / General / 13731
Re: Why is Lukas in headlines? (was Re: Bulleid Leader)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:00:58 GMT

At the time Lugnet was developed, I think Todd was pretty well convinced that
NNTP was the direction things were headed in. But sure enough, things started
bending more towards bulletin board style interfaces. It's certainly a goal
to make Lugnet more flexible in some of these areas, but that's a pretty
large task, and there isn't necessarily a clear-cut plan of attack that I'm
aware of. (I'll defer to Rene if he's got anything in the works in that
area).

DaveE

Hi@all,

seems that's a good point in time to let you know that I'm still alive...

Well, currently, my work on LUGNET is put on ice, for approximately another 7 to
10 days. Together with two friends of mine, I'm working on a complete rebuild of
1000steine.de's steel skeleton, but it's nearly done. This will allow a group of
1000steine members to maintain the whole site in self-reliance. Once this is
done, I can centre upon LUGNET outright (that's why I do these changes on
1000steine.de). So probably you won't read me here for another couple of days
but after that I'll put my back into LUGNET and belong entirely to you*.

TBC in a few days,
-René

* for those who aren't knowing: I don't have a steady job, I'm dawdling away my
time with LEGO (and my family, of course) 24/7 for years ;-)