 Administrative / General / 13700 (-20)
  Re: Why do pictures in the guide detect as banner adds to Zone Labs/Check Point Integrity

There may be a simple explanation for that, although I would rate ZoneLabs as pretty pedantic if this should prove true: Due to a severe issue with a script that generates the guide thumbnail images, I have replaced that script by a solution using (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Why do pictures in the guide detect as banner adds to Zone Labs/Check Point Integrity

(...) Uh, no idea! Does it give you any hint as to what would cause an image to be blocked? (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Why do pictures in the guide detect as banner adds to Zone Labs/Check Point Integrity

I am using Zone Labs/Check Point Integrity desktop for personal firewalling. Recently (not sure when), the Lugnet set guide pictures have stopped showing up. I just did an experiment and determined they are registering as banner/skyscrapper ads. (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Abusive

(...) Once again, by posting to a public forum the topic becomes public property in a sense. If you were to stand on a street corner mumbling your incoherent diatribes, you might possibly get the same sort of reactions. Why are you so surprised when (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Posts disappearing when posted 'in the future'?

(...) Hi Anders, AFAIK if your computer's hardware clock itself is inaccurate by large amounts, it *could* damage or omit the time stamp in your message, but normally it's replaced by the news server with the GMT time. In our case depending on what (...) (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Question on which newsgroups to use

(...) Hi Ben, At the moment* I would second Tim's notion. But I can't risk to make it a clear statement, otherwise there might be similar requests in the future which are less transparent than your's. Leg Godt! Rene *I'm playing around with various (...) (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Question on which newsgroups to use

(...) Hi Ben, As one of the teller-offerers I've been working on the principal that if there is new information (as in your case) then it is OK to post to both .trains and .marketplace but you should set the followup to marketplace. I base this on (...) (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Question on which newsgroups to use

Previously, Big Ben Bricks LLC has posted new product announcements to .trains or other lugnet newsgroups depending on the product. However, It seems like some people have been getting in 'trouble' for announcing mocs and other things for sale in (...) (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Abusive

(...) Myself and many others have asked you on numerous occasions to shape up. Obviously we can't all get what we want. Jeff (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Posts disappearing when posted 'in the future'?

My computer clock is almost always wrong when I start the computer. If it's some days ahead and I forget to correct it before posting to lugnet, it seems my posts just disappear (or will they magically display when the date finally arrives?). I (...) (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Abusive

(...) Jeff, I asked you twice to stay away from me. "(do not) Stray hopelessly off-topic without moving the discussion to a more appropriate location. (There is a fair amount of leeway here, since it is natural for discussions to drift, and moving a (...) (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Abusive

(...) Three posts with the exact same text? You're sounding a bit like a broken record. You might get a better reaction if you do more than cut and paste the same text when responding to posts. Jeff (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Abusive

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote: -snip- (...) Terms of Use: "(do not) Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including (...) (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Eric's and Jeff's chip was (Re: Ease up on marking folders Avatar)

In lugnet.admin.general, Duane Hess wrote: -snip- (...) -snip- (...) Terms of Use: "(do not) Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, (...) (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Ease up on marking folders Avatar

(...) Thank you. Lugnet Member #1051 (18 years ago, 26-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Ease up on marking folders Avatar

(...) Hi Rene, A lot of concerned parties will be at BrickFest right now. I'm sure you'll take your time before deciding on any action but I just thought I'd mention it. Tim (18 years ago, 25-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Ease up on marking folders Avatar

*BREAKPOINT* - ideally for the entire thread, though neither I'm able to technically lock it, nor I'd force it. But things are getting out of control, once again. The issue "Eric" (sorry for making you a neuter, Eric ;-) seemes to be a pretty (...) (18 years ago, 25-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: [involves Tim Gould again] Re: Ease up on marking folders Avatar

(...) Um, how exactly is (URL) directly feedback on what you asked? You asked "P.S.S Could not post to: lugnet.announce.brickshelf", to which Jeff replied "The lugnet.announce.brickshelf group is postable to only by Kevin (and perhaps a few other (...) (18 years ago, 25-Aug-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: [involves Tim Gould again] Re: Ease up on marking folders Avatar

Miss the part where I said for the love of the brick let's discuss not argue? Then read this, I'll help you like I helped Rob. We should all help one another. Yep. "Take a moment to consider this. I pose a question and cite some examples looking for (...) (18 years ago, 25-Aug-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact