 Administrative / General / 13439
  And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

Let's start a thread to help define what we would like LUGNET to evolve into...to update the LUGNET Plan. First of all, if you haven't read the plan, check it out... (URL) lot of the focuses in the plan have been implemented to some degree by many (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) I'd like to see LUGNET leverage the power of member-created webpages. Right now, members can setup FTX-based webpages. I just made one tonight, displaying some (URL) new LDraw colors> (not a stellar example, but it was handy). But these pages (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) Great thread idea! Personally, I'd really like to see some of the more common features of other message board systems, especially: - Seeing a list of all the things I've posted before - Subscribing to threads via email - More easily editing (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) Hi, Thank you for starting this constructive thread. Today, LUGNet satisfy all my needs, taking into account other websites offer services and I wouldn't appreciate too much radical changes (but I don't think that's what you're talking about). (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) Hi Dustin, thanks for starting this. Though I'd prefer to leave it uncommented at this stage, I'll store all ideas and suggestions in my virtual shelves ;-) Leg Godt! René (18 years ago, 6-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) Just a slight bit of clarification... Rene, are you asking us not to reply to this thread, or are you saying that the Lugnet Plan page won't be updated. I'm a little confused, sorry. Also, am looking forward to working with you in the future! (...) (18 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) I think René probably meant *he* would not comment now, but file away all other comments. But I could be wrong. ROSCO (18 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) Oh my goodness Lenny, just ask him for the date already, and don't forget to bring the chocolates and flowers. Seriously, what does that mean, has a new admin team been set up already? Janey "Red Brick" (18 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) Seriously tho, anyone who has met Rene in person knows he is a fine specimen of a man. He's got that silky smooth blond hair, that innocent-but-actually-dirty look in his eye, and the cool, calm demeanor that just makes you want to do just (...) (18 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) Ooo! Really? I had no idea... Bring on the pics, Rene! ;-) (...) That's what I was afraid of. (rolling my eyes) Sounds like Rene will need a video conference for dealing with you then, eh? ;-) -Suz (18 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) Exactly what I meant, thanks for clarifying. Leg Godt! René (18 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) Not yet. I don't want to anticipate anything as long as Suz and Todd are still preparing for the change; but all administrative positions are still vacant (from my side). (...) Pestering me isn't that easy, it takes a fair bit to actually (...) (18 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) YEAA!! Thanks for starting this thread. It's exactly the kind of thing I like to see happening right now. Remember too that there's the (URL) LUGNET Suggestions> area where you'll find many valuable ideas and discussions. -Suz (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) My sentiments exactly Suzanne, and thank you Dustin. I'm hoping we can get more responses to the big question Dustin asked: What would we like LUGNET to evolve into? (18 years ago, 9-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) Well, since you ask... I'd like to see Lugnet reconnect as the central hub of the community by incorporating efforts of all of the major subcommunity forums. I'm not sure what would be involved technically, but I'd think it would be very cool (...) (18 years ago, 9-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)