 Administrative / General / 13370
  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Aaron's post might prod Todd and Suz into actually doing something. My reply might prod them into not doing the things that didn't work last time. That seems helpful to me. Your mileage may vary, of course, but those who do not learn from (...) (18 years ago, 31-Mar-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Very true. However, whatever happens (or doesn't happen) with LUGNET in the future, I'll always be supportive of Todd and Suz. By the very fact that LUGNET is still here and we're still visiting and talking about LEGO in the various NG's is (...) (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) OK. Makes (some kind of) sense now. Sorry for the nag, but you sounded so disillusioned in that post that I was actually wondering if it was the real Larry that had written it... (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Well, I *am* pretty disillusioned at this point, so that's a valid (and astute) observation on your part. It's always sad to see something deteriorate, especially something that you invested considerable emotional capital(1) in making a (...) (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) So who (in your view) *IS* part of the solution? You've already said you don't think Todd & Suz are, or these mysterious mockers. Maybe a re-formed LPRC? Who would be the members, do you think? What other solution do you have? Maybe you think (...) (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) and if I'm not, why keep kicking me when I'm down? It only makes the little I can do harder.. -Suz (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) I debated and debated whether to post to this thread. I don't want anyone to think for a second that any of what I'm about to say applies in any sort of official, quasi-official, or post-official sorta way. What I'm about to say is my own (...) (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) I really think you need to internalise things and move on, Larry. Allister (18 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) I agree with this 100%. Suz, despite what I may have said elsewhere, I have immeanse respect for you and especially what you have done with Lugnet. But the time has come to make a choice one way or the other. -Lenny (18 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) I agree with Jake and Lenny. Conversely to Jake's statement, I think that people do think less of you when you don't allow change to happen by holding onto the reigns and not encouraging people who are willing to lead and empowering them by (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) I'm surprised the mockers are so mysterious to you. Don't they have their own (URL) staging area> and everything? *shrug* -Tim (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Did I say "to me"? If you actually take the time to actually investigate that site[1], you'll find the little mocking that occurs happens *after the fact*, so I don't really think "staging area" is a very accurate description. But whateva. 1. (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) JLUG - The Inherent Evil Agenda?(1) With the on going comments, I refuse to sit idly and watch the same ppl that told us to get our own place now complain that we have. I must say, I find the criticism of JLUG absolutely hilarious. JLUG was (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Cheers to you both for doing your own thing and for doing it well. I see JLUG as an example of some natural evolution within a community. There was a need for a bar to hang on, and you built it. bravo. -Suz (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Thanks Suz, Sorry to have to dump this here, it just keeps coming up over and over, and I felt it should be addressed. In happier news, I hope once the Lugnet dust settles, you enjoy your well deserved break, and I hope to see you, at a fest, (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

In lugnet.admin.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote: <snip> (...) You go girl! Janey always makes me happy :) Dave K (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)