 Administrative / General / 12525 (-20)
  Filter issue?

Here’s yet another in my ongoing series of potentially dumb admin-related questions: Is there a way to confirm that the skip-filters are working? I set my filter to exclude .robotics. (among others) because I have nothing to contribute to that (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

(...) Larry was suspended, *by* Lenny. All that transpired on both sides is being reviewd with the intent on making the process and procedures better. That is all that one can ask for. This is not a democracy, but I would vote against any sanctions (...) (16 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: In support of Larry

"Scott A" <dr_scott_arthur@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:ICw2EC.o06@lugnet.com... (...) Had you noticed the ":P" at the end of my post, you would have immediately realized that I was joking. That being said and having read your baited reply, (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

(...) Hi Ben, I have been in email contact with the Admin team, and *know* that this and many other points raised in this thread have been noted, as indicated by a few of Todd's post. Noted is a serious understatement, but I cannot come up with (...) (16 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Am I alone...

... in wondering what is going on? I have read many of the posts about the whole administering the TOS thing(1) and I can't understand how we have got to this stage. Speaking personally, all of the things that people have a problem with doing or not (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

I see nothing wrong with considering this. However, I do wonder how many people would be willing to stand for election? I also expect Todd would want to retain the right to veto any proposed admin. Scott A (...) (16 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

I (...) Kevin, you raise a valid point here. This is not to take a personal snipe at admins, but it seems this whole "situation" that the Admins get to do what they want because "they are selfless volunteers for the greater good". I personally (...) (16 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: wish's

(...) I have to agree with what Calum has posted. I would further like to add my own personal comments: 1. We can ALL agree that the contest was not posted here on Lugnet until the Lugnet Administrator (Lenny Hoffman) posted reference to it. I can (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

that bucket o' bolts... (...) Wow!! The first bit of reasonable logic I heard here in a while. Nice suggestions Marc. I just hope that Todd reads it, because this is the system that Lugnet needs to try to transition to, without it becoming too much (...) (16 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

(...) I think it should go one step farther. BOTH Larry and Lenny should be dismissed, maybe not permanently but for a temporary indeterminate amount of time. The Lugnet Administrators was set up to alieviate the burden of running the day to day (...) (16 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

I (...) I think your right Richie. However, that particular post is cancelled, so it can be withdrawn from the equation. Thanks, Ben Medinets (16 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Issue regarding Moderation of Folders

(...) Iain (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Issue regarding Moderation of Folders

(...) Actually, video formats are still supported. The ability to access movie files is turned off during peak hours (I forget what the definition of peak hours is). -Orion (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Issue regarding Moderation of Folders

(...) Gotcha - but that still doesn't mean much to me, because I don't make a link between them being available and being moderated? I guess I don't understand how the moderation actually takes place. (I hope I'm not coming off the wrong way on this (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Issue regarding Moderation of Folders

(...) Okay, but um, I guess then my question becomes, why then when I uploaded say, 10 folders with videos at the same time, 5 of them did get moderated, and 5 didn't. That's where my confusion lies :) All the clips are about the same duration, and (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Plan of action

(...) May I offer my personal thank you to all involved in the revising of the current process. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Plan of action

(...) With respect to my many questions, I no longer need individual answers. The above paragraph sufficiently answers *all* my questions. It also restores my faith in the ToU, and all of those that administer it. Thank you to the Admin staff for (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suspend me as well

(...) Although not granted an actual suspension due to my protest I have limited my postings to .admin and have imposed a self suspension for all other groups on Lugnet, during this time I have greatly considered the intent of my actions. I (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Suspend me as well (was Susp. of Chris and Terry)

(...) Wow! LUGNET is becoming more and more like a soap box opera every day! Soon I won't feel bad about not having cable anymore. Keep up the good work. (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Plan of action

(...) We are actively working on greatly clarifying processes from the top down. I've spent most of the last 12 hours working on this, and will likely spend most of tomorrow on it as well. This should greatly reduce the confusion experienced by many (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact