 Administrative / General / 12454
Re: In support of Larry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:44:32 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:
I'm ashamed of all the Larry-bashing that's been taking place.

I can agree with you that the level of communication has been rather low. In
fact I'm almost getting withdrawal symptoms, as the 'signal-to-fight' ratio
has gone so low.

I *know* that Larry has done, and does, a *lot* of good work for the
community, I've been reading lugnet since the start, and I feel sorry for
him, it is never fun being the target of anger and ill-will, and he
certainly doesn't deserve it in the way it has been going on lately.

The problem for me is his communication technique. Quite often I get
agitated when reading a post from him. Not because he is wrong (because to
be honest he very seldom is), but because of the way he informs us that he
is right.

I take part in other discussion groups too, and on many groups one can find
a person like Larry. They are mostly right, but they still manage to rub
other people backwards, and this affects the general tone in the whole
group.

I don't know a solution to the dilemma, those people that seem to never give
up, always accept another workload, etc. *are needed* in the community, but
they may (unwillingly) create disturbances by being there.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm