 Administrative / General / 12210 (-10)
  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) Over the years Todd has made his stance on the hobby a VERY well known stance. Plus, we are ON Lugnet so we all know this. And when you talk about Lugnet you will prob also talk about Todd. When you run a public site such as this and basically (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Timeout (was Re: "Some pigs...")

(...) As with all timeouts, Ken's return after the timeout period has expired is subject to indicating understanding of why the timeout occured, and an agreement to abide by the ToS. The choice on whether to abide by the ToS is completely up to Ken, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) Good point about the publicness of the Yahoo group. It equates more to a party at a private home. Still, I would not expect someone to not share information discovered at a private party. In fact, one of my examples was going to be if I post a (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Timeout (was Re: "Some pigs...")

The many personal insults and excessive crossposting by Ken Nagel in this thread have earned Ken a one-week timeout from posting on LUGNET, beginning immediately. It's unfortunate that Ken was let go from his employer. The circumstances of Ken's end (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) Well I disagree that Yahoo groups are necessaily public. If you can only join with the consent of the group moderator, and the messages are only available to members, I would consider it very bad form to repeat publically anything that is (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

"Ken Nagel" <knandjn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:IAt0LL.1AKF@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) able to (...) It's a gray area for sure and like just about anything which is gray, you can find a corner case which doesn't fit the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) Where did the library call for his apology? Where did NILTC? And since you deem Larry's apologies as worthless anyway, why are you so adamantly pursuing it? (...) First you're pissed at Larry for what any outsider would interpret as a (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) You're twisting words here Ken. What Todd is saying is that you (not somebady else) posted this infomation in what could be construted as a public forum (the Yahoo group) without saying that you considered this infomation to be private. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) SNIP (...) No, he flies it like a flag and has widly disseminaeted it himself. If I were to find out something as mundane as his political affiliation it would be wrong for me to post it without his permission. Somewhere someone has that (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact