 Administrative / General / 12115 (-20)
  "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

On Tuesday the 18th I extended a simple invitation for people to Visit NILTC’s next show: (URL) was responded to by Larry Pieniazek, The curator for lugnet.trains thus: (URL) copy came from the library who is very excited about this show. I would (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.org.us.clb, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms) !

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) That reminds me of a few moths ago when I used 'jackass' in a post. It's a word that has been used on 'regular TV' (not cable or after 9 p.m.) but I was offered a polite warning via e-mail. So, on the one hand I'm all for common sense (my (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) I agree, it should not have been posted in "trains." I merely read the original post by clicking on it from the "top stories" box, so I was unaware of its misplacement. (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) I know the difference between appropriate and inappropriate as well. I'm focusing in on this so called "pofanity" issue that the LUGNET admins seem to circling around like vultures waiting for prey. If they are not then I apologize for making (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) And my point remains the same - if someone posts a message titled "Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs!" to lugnet.trains, and I happen to be browsing lugnet.trains, I am going to assume that the letter is (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) Thanks Kelly, One does not have to be college educated to be able to figure out if one has violated the ToS. I couldn't recite a single item from the ToS, because it has been so long since I read it. But I know the difference between crossing (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) This sort of highlights something that I wonder about. Are smaller, out-of-the way groups more suitable for otherwise questionable behavior? With things like off-topic.debate, it's skipped by default, so there's less chance that (say) a kid (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: stepping up to the dead horse (was some other title)

(...) Nothing really to add, but I agree with Dan. I'd want to see what the administration has done-- mostly to try and gauge: - how often are these things done? - what sorts of things result in timeouts? - has <person x> been timeoutted before? How (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

Hi Chris, nice to meet you. I'd've liked to converse under better circumstances, but needs must dictate. At any rate, you raise some very good points, and I appreciate your honesty. I also understand your need for some of the language, although (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX) !!

  Re: My Timeout

(...) All of them? No. I'm more realistic than that. I do beleive that a new filter would go a long way towards healing what I feel is currently the biggest issue with LUGNET though, that issue being noise. Examples of the effect (and before anyone (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) Just great. Next thing you know, people will spend a week talking about my balls. Steve (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) I also agree. We need to appreciate the difference in cultures and distinct societies, for example, words, expressions and colloquialisms considered NOT offensive in my country are listed as "offensive", "profantity" or "lude" in other (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !

  Re: Email problem

(...) (not an admin by any means). Wow - this is messed up. Here's what I saw your address come up as: From: "\"Steve Lane\" <@qs483.pair.com stevenrobertlane@" <nospamplease@peeron...3.pair.com My guess is that the email you entered in your posting (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My Timeout

In lugnet.admin.general, Duane Hess wrote: snip (...) snip (...) Duane, that was well put. In your opinion would SOFTWARE solve all of lugnets woes? is it even doable? Chris (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  My Timeout

Well, now that the knowledge of my timeout is public ((URL)), I suppose I can expand publicly on the frustrations of my LUGNET experience in recent months. First, let me state that the admins were fully within their right to send me to the corner. I (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

In lugnet.admin.general, Chris Magno wrote: . <snip> (...) I back you 100% Chris. To quote the guy who came up with the "7 Words": "There are no bad words. Bad people, bad intentions, but the words themselves are not bad." *Everything* must be taken (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

In lugnet.admin.general, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> (...) I personally haven't ginven this alotta thought, but I have put a little mind CPU into it, butwhat Chris stated--pretty much dead on--what are the exact rules? Where is that proverbial line (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  who does chris think he is?

!!!!!! warning long pent up rant !!!...!!! (...) Kelly, Good morning. I don't think we have formally met. Nice to meet you. Please excuse any and all poor typo-s and bad spelling. Even thought I type like a 12 year old, rest assure I am not. With (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !

  Email problem

Dear Admin I'm subscribed by Email to .Technic, and when I receive my own posts to that group via email, after my name "@qs483.pair.com" has been added. I'm wondering, how has this fault happened and at whose end is it, mine or yours? Also what can (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 2004 posting statistics (was Re: Posting statistics)

(...) That's some pretty smart thinking. Of course, now I'm tempted to just throw the data into an SQL db... Hmmm. (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact