 Administrative / General / 12113
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:19:21 GMT

They shouldn't cross-post it to inappropriate groups (assuming they have done
so, I haven't been paying attention), I agree.  But my point remains the
same...just because someone posts something doesn't mean that you have to read
it...

And my point remains the same - if someone posts a message titled "Open letter
to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs!" to lugnet.trains, and I
happen to be browsing lugnet.trains, I am going to assume that the letter is
something to do with LEGO trains, and so I will click to read it. Are you
suggesting I should instinctively know which posts in lugnet.trains have been
posted there mistakenly?

I agree, it should not have been posted in "trains."  I merely read the original
post by clicking on it from the "top stories" box, so I was unaware of its
misplacement.